Friday, February 5, 2016

February 1st- 5th

This week YESS at Shaw had one new leader in the classroom. Nina comes from Belgium and will be a program intern for the Month of February. Nina is studying to be a teacher in her country in math and French. All of the students were excited to meet her and are happy to have her here. Nina was excited to jump in and start teaching and taught a few classes on Thursday on accountability. 

Since the students have been learning about accountability, students did skits this week to  demonstrate what accountability looks like, and what it does not look like.

Overall this was an exciting week as Shaw.

-Tracie Trinidad, program manager 








This week was my first week in the YESS class in Shaw Heights. I was very excited to meet the students and to get to know more about the YESS program. On Tuesday I taught some classes about accountability. At first I was nervous and I had trouble finding my words in English. But along the day it went better. I am happy to be here and I hope to keep on learning.

-Nina Steenberghs, program intern






No comments:

Post a Comment