Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 15th- September 19th







Interviews, interviews, and more interviews!


This week I have been interviewing students to be mentors. The interviews are pretty laid back. I asked the students to elaborate on their answers from the applications, I asked the students to tell me a bit about themselves, and why they would be the best mentors. I have met some amazing students in the process. Also, the student that typed his answers was a 7th grader. When I intervied this students he had researched the YESS Institute and had questions prepared. I was very impressed!

Also, this week I was lucky enough to get morning duty. This is an excellent chance to see who the leaders in the school are, as well as recruit more students to apply. I am doing a "last chance" interview day next Tuesday. Also, next Tueday afternoon I am meeting with the counselors to discuss the possible mentors, and make the changes to their schedules so that hey can begin the program.


No comments:

Post a Comment