Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 22nd-25th

 

Greetings from Shaw Heights!

This week I finished interviewing students, and even did a day where I did "last chance" application and on the spot interviews. I had a ton of great applicants, but only interviewed 80 students. Out of the 80 students I found 50 students that I believe would make an excellent peer mentor.  All week I have had students come to my room asking when they would be notified about my decision. Unfortunately, I have to wait to put the list out  because I have a meeting next Tuesday September 30th, to discuss the students and the schedule changes that need to be made. The program is almost ready to start! I am very excited to begin the program.

Below is a picture of some last minute applicants. These two young ladies spoke to me about their 6th grade experience, as well as how they had to deal with problems like: bullying, time management, and behavior problems in the past. These young ladies overcame these obstacles and would like to be peer mentors in the YESS Institute program here at Shaw Heights.
(Tomorrow is a staff development day and a day to work with the students at North High School).

No comments:

Post a Comment