Friday, October 17, 2014

October 13th- October 17th



October 13th- October 17th
This week at Shaw Heights I worked on schedule changes. Now I know how many students I will have per class period, and what class period I will have these students.
1st period- 9 students
2nd period- homeroom Academic Enrichment- If I need mentors more or Mentees more I will have this period
3rd- 10 students
4th - lunch break
5th – 9 students
6th- 9 students
7th- 11 students
The first semester will be just mentors. We are still waiting for the class to become a part of educate and infinite campus in order to begin the program. I have a few spots open because some students have to take ELL or literacy intervention and do not have a free elective. I am looking to fill these spots in the next week.

 I have an academic enrichment class of one student.and his name is  Chrisian. He is my little helper during 2nd  period and he is assisting me in preparing for the program.He is making a YESS sign that the students will sign on the first day of class along with their class expectations agreement.


Also, the secretary at Shaw Heights connected me with a woman named Belen who is looking for students to participate in a community project. Belen is a Shaw Heights alum and is now running a program at the Double Tree Hotel in Westminster. The program is “Teaching Kids to Care.”  Students who participate in this art project get to have their projects on displayed at the Double Tree and win a free night stay for their family. November 15th is the day we will come together to work on a project. Today we had a meeting to discuss how the mentors can show leadership through working on her art project. This is national recycle day, so we are brainstorming on what the outcomes of this project is and how we can come together to make an amazing art project that will be displayed at the Double Tree hotel.

On Thursday, I attended the Emosmart  Leadership for Youth and Role Models workshop in Boulder! 

No comments:

Post a Comment