Friday, October 24, 2014

October 20th- 24th



October 20th- October 24th, 2014


This week was a very productive week. I had a meeting  with the principal and the director of student services. Classes will begin on Monday October 27th. I will have only the mentors this semester. We also started to identify mentees. All staff will give me 5 recommendations and I will meet with the mentees during my lunch, academic enrichment, and during 4th period. The goal is to have all mentees identified by December 12th. 
 
On Wednesday I attended a workshop at North High school called, “Coaching your Student to Academic Success.” I felt that this was an awesome workshop that will be beneficial for me on how I can guide students into furthering their education as well as how to speak to a student so that the student knows I am concerned about them and their issue. We discussed the 5 levels of listening , which is something I will want to teach my mentors. 

Today, students received their schedule changes and are excited and ready to start on Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment